Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lazy Sunday Christmas Present Roundup

Instead of an instagram post this Sunday, I thought it would be fun to share what my mom got me for Christmas. With the little I gave her to go on, I have to say she totally nailed it! I thought you would like to check it out as well.



I was so excited when I opened this up. Finally, a wet specimen to start my collection! And he's so handsome too! I love all those curly tentacles, and he has such beautiful spots. I'm hoping that (depending on how fragile he is) I might move him to a fancy jar for permanent display.




I also got these gorgeous butterfly wing necklaces! It really felt like jump-starting two collections at once, since I'm hoping to get started with pinning insects soon. The nice thing about the wings is that they are different on both sides. The red one is the most dramatic. At first I was smitten with the red side, but the more I look at the brown side the more I notice the beautiful subtle detail and color.


 My weird and crazy side was very satisfied by these gifts! Hopefully I can grow these cool collections to giant proportions by next Christmas!

See you soon! <3
 

1 comment:

I love to hear from you. :) What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...