Saturday, October 27, 2012

Favorites :: Specimens

Today the prep begins for my family Halloween party on Sunday! Soon I'll have up some cool DIYS of some of my favorite Halloween crafts/recipes.

For today, I wanted to share with you a special love of mine. I've had great interest in preserved specimens for as long as I can remember. I had never thought of owning any for myself! I passed one up while antiquing not too long ago, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Luckily the other day I stumbled upon an even more beautiful one in one of my favorite antique malls!




 Gorgeous huh? I polished it up nicely and now it's a centerpiece in my living room. I can't wait to get more. Perhaps even make some for myself! This is definitely a collection in the  making!


I would definitely decorate every room in my house with these! This one's from  The Vintage Parlor.


This piece from Ruby Fig Atelier combines two of my loves, beautiful glass bell jars and specimens. This shop is a goldmine...I had to force myself to browse elsewhere to preserve my bank account! :)

 Beautiful and practical! Butterfly coasters from Olive Owl Art 


I also love the prop specimens that people make. This fairy specimen is from Kelley Emporium

Fascinating and wearable! Honey bee necklace from Alice's Eyes Design Co.


 I definitely envy Kaylah's collections! I'd love to get into collecting more of my favorite things. Her collection of skulls is awesome. Plus, check out that butterfly on the stone! Clearly I'm drawn to butterflies.

Anyway, I could definitely browse for specimens all day! But there are decorations to hang and mummy meatloaf to make! See you soon! :)


1 comment:

  1. All of these collections are really amazing! And I am pretty envious over Kaylah's collections as well! Especially how she displays them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. :) What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...